Applications Engineer –For Medium Voltage (MV) and Low Voltage (LV) switchgear services and service projects.
- Creation of technical and commercial proposals based on review and mark-up of customer’s technical specifications
- Support the development and coordination of distribution service offerings with the Distribution Systems (DS) Business Unit and Low Voltage (LP) Business Unit for bundling with product offers.
- Collaborate and communicate with both Siemens Regional and Product Business Development in Smart Infrastructure (SI) along with other sales channels on proposal, project and opportunities.
- Coordinate proposal activities for DS switchgear services including turnkey installations involving coordination across Siemens business units and external parties.
- Coordinate activities during the preparation of proposal documents describing technical, financial and legal aspects of the offer
- Ensure that all relevant project information, documentation and communication are handed over to project execution organization after contract award
- CRM and Limitation of Authority(LOA) process is a key requirement and metric for accurate pipeline management and bid approval process respectively
- Participate in improvement of sales tools, processes and procedures to establish “best in class” bidding processes
- Preparation of all proposal documents including official LoA documents (LoA -Limit of Authority)
- Keep track of all opportunities in Salesforce.com (Siemens CRM tool)
- Cost calculation for services scope of supply
- Participation of bid preparation, schedule, budget and division of responsibilities between the team members
- Collaborate and support bid team activities
- Ensure progress according to Siemens official bid approval process while meeting customer expectations
- Support sales managers during negotiations and clarifications
- Handover to project organization according to PM@Siemens guideline
- Support improving sales tools, documents, processes and procedures
- Minimum two (2) years sales/engineering experience in transmission and/or distribution products, services, or equivalent
- Understanding and/or work experience with some of the following areas is preferred: (1) Medium voltage switchgear (both AIS and GIS), (2) LV switchgear, breakers, panel/switchboards, and (3) Medium voltage spare parts and vacuum replacement breakers.
- Must have good interpersonal, negotiating, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Ability to travel up to 5% domestically required
- A history of measurable goal-driven success
- Success in working in a multicultural team environment
Job ID: 195950
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.