Technical Bid Manager
We are seeking an ambitious control system Bid Manager Technical Lead who can develop profitable solutions against customer drivers that focus on client return on investment and return on equity. The person should be able to effectively translate requirements into technical solutions, document strategies, and produce complex written technical proposals that meet Sales’ strategies in the pursuit of orders and the goals of the organization. This role requires close collaboration with the Bid Management, Sales, Business Development and Commercial teams in addition to the collaboration with Project Execution domain experts in order to fully gain both the technical and commercial perspectives and produce well defined proposals.
The candidate must be able to engineer technical solutions and present concepts and proposals to both internal and external teams. This person must be a great teammate and have the ability to work with all levels within the organization, including senior management.
- Lead proposal efforts on Sales opportunities from bid approval through turnover of won projects including development of the proposed technical concept, cost calculation and technical proposal document.
- Integrate into complex pursuits prior to proposal development to be an integral member of the sales pursuit team.
- Perform site walk downs to gather necessary information for bid strategy and solution development.
- Review customer specifications and provide solutions to meet requirements.
- Recommend acceptable solutions in accordance to technical standards.
- Develop clear and concise technical proposals that support the Sales strategy and the overall business goals of the organization.
- Support peer review process within the team.
- Support the development of other team members and improvement of both processes and tools.
- Ensure that established business processes are followed and seek opportunities to improve the established processes.
- Actively work with other business partners in the development and improvement of technical proposal concepts.
- Seek to improve financial performance of proposal efforts while maintaining and enhancing customer and project team satisfaction.
- Actively support the Sales organization in the acquisition of future projects.
- Lead and participate in business improvement projects.
- Proactively document and share lessons learned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of meaningful power plant experience including engineering, project management, field work and proposal development.
- At least 10 years or meaningful control system experience including engineering, project management, field work and proposal development.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining large network platforms.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Strong eye for business.
- Ability to support, lead and complete multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/Power Point).
- Need to be able to prioritize while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Need to be able to perform efficiently under pressure.
- Previous experience in project management is a plus.
- Previous experience in power plant software / hardware engineering is a plus.
- Previous experience in power plant commissioning or field services is a plus.
- Previous experience in power plant design is a plus.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Up to 25% travel
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 195963
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.