Mission: Managing and developing LDA China OEM product supply base ( include: The final product assembling partners / winding partners)
Dimensions of function:
- Responsible for Identifying Capable and Competitive suppliers (partners & second tier suppliers) in LDA China for all mentioned OEM products and ensure smooth implementation LDA China souring strategy
- This position is responsible for networking with cross functional team (R&D /SQM /PLM ) to Identify the right suppliers ( partners or second tie suppliers) in China, Identifying Capable and Competitive supplier ( partners) in China for received RFQ's, Perform basic supplier audits & assessment in order to access capabilities and ensure smooth business running after protype product release to mass production. Manage the entire value chain from RFQ to shipment and ongoing quality issues
Objectives and Responsibilities:
•Understand OEM products business needs of LDA China and identify potential partners or second tier suppliers.
•Organize and drive OEM sourcing projects that are jointly defined with R&D /SQM /PLM and product owner.
•Reduce costs at suppliers through effective utilization of procurement levers (e.g. negotiation, cost transparency, e-sourcing, cost value engineering)
•Manage and track capacity utilization at partners (suppliers) and make sure supplier' capacity match with business development plan.
•Support with escalations, expediting and on-site tracking of progress of deliveries at suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries
•Manage and develop supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
•Contribute to sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs
• Demonstrates ownership culture by initiative in developing plans,
execution of those plans, focusing on business results, full transparency, open
& honest communication and making bold decisions
• Demonstrated strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
• Strong written and verbal Communication skills – if needed on executive level - including extensive expertise in presentation development
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
• Fluent in English
• Open to travel on a regular basis (mainly domestically)
• Familiar with motor products manufacturing ( it's better)
Job ID: 195992
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time