A fantastic job opportunity for an experienced maintenance engineer to join our team near Oxford.
We are looking for a rounded engineer (more electrical than mechanical) to work on planned maintenance, breakdown and projects within our manufacturing site. This is a varied and interesting role, suiting someone with experience of working with on a wide range of machines and equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers.
Previous experience from within a manufacturing environment would be preferred with a good understanding of condition-based monitoring / programmable logic controllers.
Overview of duties will include:
- Support the TPM and PPM System and respond to equipment faults
- Accountable for the installation of new parts ensuring equipment is working correctly
- Diagnosing faults, breakdown problem, troubleshooting all machinery and equipment
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Dealing with and responding to emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Working within Health & Safety policies and procedures and making improvements
- Utilization of the appropriate tools required to complete each task such as a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder and power tools etc.
- Commission modifications and alterations to existing plant and equipment, to improve line efficiencies
- CBM experience (vibration, thermography, acoustic)
- Computer literate and can maintain a CMMS and draft work instructions.
- Customer focused
- Ideally apprentice or NVQ level 3 trained in electrical engineering
- Electrically qualified to 18th Edition wiring regulations required for the more electrically focused role
- Experience in PLCs, fault finding and rectification on electrical control systems
- Strong experience of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience in mechanical drives and mechanical set up of complex drive systems
- Ability to interpret drawings, blue-prints, manuals, sketches or verbal instructions
- Experience in root cause analysis
Job ID: 196057
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time