SGRE Summer Intern Program is May 18 – August 14
SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an Offshore Marine Engineer Intern position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group in Orlando and in Europe to develop a process map and an execution plan to perform offshore main component exchanges. This position in our Offshore Operations organization located in Orlando, FL,
- Process map all steps required to perform a main component exchange based upon the following three scenarios:
- European Jack Up Vessel located in Europe
- European Jack Up Vessel located in the United States
- United States Jack Up Vessel
- Analyze sail times for all vessels based upon location of all vessels
- Identify suppliers and perform market intelligence for all vessels required to perform a main component exchange to get firm indicative pricing
- Identify locations of potential load out berths both in Europe and United States
- Develop a shipment plan of main component based upon the different locations of the JU vessel
- Review the main component tooling strategy to determine the most cost effective approach to JU Tooling
- Identify all the support equipment and tooling needed at the load out berths for both loading and unloading a component
- Review the man power planning to perform a main component exchange offshore
- Review the man power planning to perform all land based tasks to support a main component exchange
Required skills, experience, and education:
- Senior pursing a Bachelor's degree at a maritime academy with a desire to work in the offshore wind industry
- 3.0+ overall GPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly paced environment and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Structured approach to assignments and ability to handle project changes occurring in a dynamic environment
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of vessels and the maritime industry
- Office 365 Applications
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.