Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 165 years and right now we have openings on our Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme in Lincoln.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will complete either the Engineering Fitter Standard or the Engineering Design Standard.
Here Is How The Programme Works:
- During the first 10 months of training, apprentices gain an understanding of basic engineering operations on a full time College Course. This training leads to an NVQ level 2 and alongside this, a technical qualification and relevant functional skills are also undertaken if required.
- In the second year of the programme apprentices are 4 days per week on the Lincoln site undertaking training towards an NVQ Level 3 and attend College for 1 day per week to complete their technical certificate.
- Whilst completing the NVQ Level 3 Apprentices will undertake a series of 16 week placements within the business which could either be workshop or office based.
Workshop based (Craft) - A manual occupation which requires the ability to operate machinery and/or carry out the assembly of high technology products. For Electrical Apprentices this could involve carrying out maintenance activities, inspections, tests and fault diagnosis on a range of electrical equipment.
Office based (Technician) - Working in a busy office environment but with a requirement to liaise with manufacturing engineers within the workshop. You could be required to operate MS Office suite software and CAD 3D modelling software to a relatively high standard by the completion of training.
Here Is What You Can Make A Difference In:
- Assembling mechanical products and checking that completed assemblies comply with specifications.
- Preparing, setting up and operating CNC machinery.
- Produce engineering drawings/models using 3D computer aided techniques.
- Resolving engineering or manufacturing support problems.
- Utilising and communication technical information.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You will need a disciplined approach to time keeping and attendance and good communication skills which will enable you to work with people at all levels.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- To complete the apprenticeship you are required to achieve multiple qualifications which demands a high level of motivation and the commitment to study and complete work in your own time.
You should have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 4 GCSE's, or equivalent, at Level 4 (C) or above which must include Maths, English Language and Science. Predicted grades will be accepted.
The Benefits of An Apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
What Else Do I Need to Know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 196082
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time