Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.html
We are seeking a software development professional to contribute to our Turbulence (TRB) and Aeroacoustics (AERO) programs. The primary focus of these programs is the development of advanced capabilities within our flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The TRB and AERO programs are responsible for developing accurate, robust and efficient turbulence and computational aeroacoustics (CAA) modelling that could be applied to complex industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a program member, we will encourage you to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality.
Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, focusing on either turbulence or aeroacoustics modelling.
- Experience in commercial CFD software development, or substantial experience developing non-commercial CFD software.
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented C++ software development, developing complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles.
- Expertise in implementing and testing turbulence and CAA methods, as well as, in numerical modelling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- Knowledge of high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants with expertise in areas of physical science (thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion) who had the opportunity apply CFD methods in vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines and/or turbomachinery.
Experience working in a multi-team, collaborative software development - including source control, design and code review will be also beneficial.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of CFD software. Join us and apply now. Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds.
Job ID: 196121
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time