Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Signal Processing Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Signal Processing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
§ Digital signal processing and machine learning research and analysis using PET and SPECT detector data streams
§ High speed digital data processing, acceleration of data transport and next generation concepts on how to further improve digital data processing for next generation nuclear detector systems
§ Solve tough engineering problems, and work with other engineers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes.
§ Design, develop, optimize, or tune algorithms to solve problems in hardware, data science, or sensor design.
§ Maintain constant awareness of technologies, scientific developments, design software and hardware capabilities, as well as software tools to make the prototype function.
§ Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- § Machine learning
- § Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms to run on DSPs and micro-processors.
- § Participating in scientific conferences, publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- § Detail oriented and organized, excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- § Excellent interpersonal skills
- § Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
- § Advanced statistical techniques and stochastic process analysis
- § Experience with compressive sensing techniques, wavelet analysis and data compression techniques
- § Experience with FPGA and Micro Controller programming
- § High speed data processing development, design or layout of mobile phone or networking hardware and firmware
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- § MS/PhD in EE, Mathematics, Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related applied science field. Graduate level mathematical skills are necessary.
- § 4+ years of experience of developing signal processing algorithms in real-world or comparable settings
- § Strong track record of DSP algorithm development experience (digital filter design, frequency/waveform synthesis and adaptive signal processing, convex optimization, time-series analysis, etc.)
- § Advanced coding and programming skills (C/C++, Python, MATLAB)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 196129
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.