Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Senior Mechanical CAD Designer will design prototypes, product and fixtures for Corindus under guidance from Product Engineering managers and engineers. This position will work with new and existing medical device products generating CAD models, detail designs in SolidWorks and creating and managing BOMS. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and external vendors.
- Work with PE in the development of new product concepts and prototype designs in SolidWorks
- Support PE engineering needs, design updates and refinement
- Construct DMR/BOMs, prepare ECO’s and work with Document Control to implement
- Provide detailed design drawings and models for production level engineering requirements, including component specifications
- 7+ year experience in a CAD design and drafting position required; preferably in the Medical Device industry (or other regulated industry)
- Associates degree in Mechanical Design, or equivalent, required
- Advanced SolidWorks proficiency with demonstrated capability to produce complex assemblies required
- SolidWorks PDM experience required
- Document Control experience required
- SolidWorks Surfaces experience required
- SolidWorks Motion experience is preferred
- Experience in designing plastic injection molded parts required
- Experience with high-volume consumable manufacturing preferred
- Experience with plastic fabrication processes such as heat staking, heat sealing, ultrasonic welding, and insertion preferred
- Experience in tolerance analysis preferred
- Understanding of Machine Design required
- Microsoft Office experience required
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 196130
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.