The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network "Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine" (MLFPM; www.mlfpm.eu) brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will develop and apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes, and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
Besides working on their project at their home institutions, the researchers will participate in network-wide training events like summer schools and retreats. Moreover, they will conduct two secondments of three months each at other network partners.
At Siemens Healthineers, we offer you a flexible and dynamic environment for this program with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sounds interesting?
Then come and join our global team as PhD Student/Early Stage Researcher to work on clinical decision support for precision medicine.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You research and develop new machine learning methods for clinical decision support
- You implement prototypes to demonstrate and validate your approaches
- On regular visits to Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, you discuss your research with your Ph.D. supervisor and collaborate on knowledge graphs and other machine learning topics
- You work together with Healthineers business lines to identify real-world clinical problems and you prepare the translation of your research into cutting-edge products
- You write invention disclosures and publish your research results in high-impact journals and share them at conferences
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/products-services
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Medicine, Biology or related fields
- You hold a university degree that qualifies you for doctoral studies in Germany
- You fulfill the EU mobility condition, i.e. you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date
- You have made the first successful steps in your research career and can show proof of this, e.g. as author or co-author of respective scientific publications
Your attributes and skills:
- You are a highly motivated, self-reliant worker who thrives in international, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong programming skills, ideally with prior exposure to machine learning problems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Prior experience in the medical domain is a plus
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Applications from individuals with disabilities
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Job ID: 196143
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time