Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position performs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure automation systems are properly maintained and operating in optimal conditions within customers buildings.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses troubles or defects, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Required Experience: 3+ years experience engineering, installing / programming, and / or servicing / maintaining building automation controls, HVAC controls, building management controls, or DDC controls required.
- Required travel: 15%
- Knowledge of commercial and light industrial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) automation systems, electrical concepts and building management operation systems
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relations required.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Electrical/Mechanical Technology
- Working engineering and programming background
Job ID: 196148
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.