At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. As part of Siemens Mobility, the Rail Systems Division employs approximately 750-1,200 employees in Sacramento, CA and is part of the Siemens global Rail Systems Division. We produce include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include extensive car shell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly. As a Production Manager for our Finishing Unit, you and your team will ensure all our rail vehicles are delivered in accordance with customer specifications, in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead finishing operations (cladding and floor station) in safety, quality, and productivity in the application(s) of gluing and mechanical assembly.
- Reviews production schedules, planning, material, and manpower resources.
- Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality, attain, and improve output requirements.
- Support the design review effort for engineering changes and implement changes in the most efficient manner.
- Execute the respective Production Schedule and develop and implement recovery schedules when appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain a safe work environment, including corrective actions to minimize safety related incidents.
- 4 year + Proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A history of driving projects in a very dynamic low volume start up production environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Required travel: 5%
Experience with MRP and basic office application software.
Job ID: 196154
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.