Working together with the Sales Team, this technical expert role will be responsible for communicating with customers product value and differentiators, preparing and executing EMS/DMS/MGMS/Energy Market Management (EMM) software product demonstration based on Spectrum Power platform, and applying Siemens industry leading EMS/DMS/MGMS/EMM software to customer solutions. This role will develop and drive innovative customer-need based solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the Siemens Spectrum Power software product/services/solutions business.
- Provide technical sales support to the Sales team
- Support the Sales team by delivering EMS/DMS/MGMS/EMM software demonstrations as necessary at customer sites
- Communicate EMS/DMS/MGMS/EMM software features and functionality to support the sale of new software products/services/solutions
- Manage a variety of marketing activities for the Siemens EMS/DMS/MGMS/EMM Software Business
- Provide market feedback to the larger software team (regional and global) based on industry trends and customer knowledge and to proactively participate in product road map
- Drive technical discussions between the Spectrum Power software internal team and the customer
- Support the proposal team during the RFI/RFP phase
- Establish customer partnerships to achieve business goals
- Promote customer satisfaction by exceeding customer needs
- Work directly with customers to increase product satisfaction
- Participate in US market software user group meetings
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve products, processes and customer experience
- Proactively investigates the most up to date technology and industry trends, and recommends changes as means to innovate products/services/solutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstratable ability to communicate highly technical information clearly and concisely to peers and customers verbally and in written communications to include presentations, learning and training situations.
- Minimum of 8 years in technical, power system operational software role (Spectrum Power preferred) and/or electrical engineering within transmission and/or distribution engineering role
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field.
- Strong customer service and building positive relationship skills, with prior direct customer experience.
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment.
- Understanding of power system software (EMS, DMS, Micro Grid, EMM)
- Strong business and industry specific acumen, with a marketing or product marketing emphasis
- Experience in the US Power Industry 8 years.
- Must be willing and able to travel 35% of the time.
Job ID: 196159
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.