Siemens is growing! We are currently looking for a qualified IT technician who is ready to support the Siemens team and customers on their IOT devices. You will be responsible for using enterprise tools and cloud technology to provide reliable access on multiple devices. The goal is to build and maintain computer systems and devices to optimize the role of technology on business continuity.
· Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
· Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
· Completes IT operations and maintenance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
· Responds to operations related inquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
· May perform 1st-Level user help desk activities.
· Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
· Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals.
- Overall responsibility – Support all location’s employees in setup, maintenance and emergency repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
· Check device hardware and software (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
· Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
· Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
· Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
· Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get employee back on the jobsite including deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed. Work with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
· On/Off Boarding Support of employees - Software, Hardware, Phones, etc. Commissioning and decommissioning per Siemens policies.
· IT Champion/Liaison - Leads efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and rollout, out of scope software, and new tools deployment by interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
· IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets for first level Siemens IT support. Coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Manages escalations and resolutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
- Required Experience: 2+years experience as an IT technician
- Required Travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, engineering
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification as IT Technician (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Job ID: 196163
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.