Technical Sales Support Engineer
SLN Onshore Oil & Gas addresses the Electrical, Automation, and Digitalization business in the O & G onshore up-; mid- and downstream industries. Special focus is on the fast and agile development of software applications and analytics for delivering digitization solutions in Oil & Gas.
We are looking to add a multifaceted and hardworking digital system sales architect to assist in the design and development of digital solutions. This person will work closely with customers to conduct needs analysis and translate the requirements into system designs. The sales architect will also advise software development groups. Advanced knowledge or previous exposure to up- and mid- stream Oil & Gas is a must-have for this role. The system architect will also function in the role of sales support specialist, which will provide technical support to a team of digital sales and business development experts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- 10 years of experience working in a consultative sales environment, including face-to-face customer interaction with the ability to present technical concepts to the customer
- 3-5 years of experience working in the Oil & Gas industry
- Consulting within a variety of organizations with a focus on different integration environments within management and IOT
- Experience with Information Technology and Operational Technology integration with automation and control systems
- Develop higher-level architectures for digital solutions with cloud technologies
- Continuous analysis of technology trends in relevant markets and their potential impact on enterprise architectures
- Demonstrate experience with architectural design for cloud-based computing and virtualization technologies
- Advise conceptual and technical architectural decisions related to data management in different technologies, e.g. Databases, Data Lakes and Big Data, and IOT
- Adapt higher-level architecture for cloud technologies for various digital solutions, both individually and as a suite of offerings
- Advise the digital sales teams on suitable architectures and using connections across the various industries
- Implementation of requirements analysis as well as design and implementation of application architectures in cloud platforms
- Compliance with IT security, privacy and compliance policies with advance knowledge of cybersecurity
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 196253
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.