Portfolio Development is a key part of our corporate go-to-market strategy and a new position is now available for an EMEA Portfolio Development Executive – Service Lifecycle Management.
As profit margins in manufactured goods continue to come under pressure, product companies must seek additional sources of profitable revenue growth. One area of opportunity is product service, so it is no surprise that many firms are looking for the best way to increase service revenue or offer add-on services. Siemens solutions allow companies to address this need, and thus the SLM business line is a cornerstone of Siemens digitalisation solutions strategy.
A different way of thinking is required to move service to the next performance level. This approach centres on incorporating service lifecycle management as an integral part of product lifecycle management in order to achieve significant improvement in service readiness. As a Portfolio Development Executive you would be expected to understand and drive this change, have knowledge in the area, understand competitive landscape and have a view on the market potential. You would lead business development and go-to-market strategies and support sales pursuits in our direct accounts whilst advise and support the growth of our indirect channel
What will my responsibilities include?
The successful candidate will become an EMEA business manager for this element of Siemens portfolio, and will be measured and compensated on the success of the portfolio. They will drive pipeline and revenue of the SLM portfolio through definition and execution of target markets and go to market strategy, leveraging campaigns and initiatives to maximise success and meet the annual business plan· Advocate and drive the development of the portfolio through the identification of a clear target market and go to market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiative centered strategies to leverage and maximise software opportunities.
· Identify and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts
· Analyse competitor offerings and coverage to establish clear competitive differentiation for the portfolio within different markets.
· Identify key opportunities for the Zone, defining the industry, geography and target accounts
· Work with Sales Account Managers and Sales Executives to build strategic plans for identified customers and opportunities in the target market to deliver the go to market strategy
· Act as trusted advisor to Sales, Business Development, and PreSales teams by providing direct engagement with customer, as part of the sales pursuit team, for key must win accounts
· Establish clear market positions for the portfolio, understanding what problems we are solving and the business value delivered to customers in order to build a compelling sales message
· Work closely with and provide direction for the CoE pre-sales technical team
· In collaboration with Global L&D, design and deliver appropriate targeted enablement activities to direct and indirect teams
· Ensure that the Global roadmap of campaigns/initiatives/services are widely understood and supported as they relate to this portfolio domain.
· Act as Sales Zone Interest Group lead to support the transfer of knowledge
· Help Alliance and Channel Management to target and enable partners to support incremental portfolio growth opportunities
· Mentor the direct / indirect field sales and presales teams on demand generation and pursuit.
· Establish and track measurable goals for monitoring portfolio growth
· Provide feedback to campaign and initiative owners as appropriate on content / lessons learnt.
· Support Customer and Analyst marketing events across the Zone
What experience and knowledge will I have?
Experience in a customer-facing sales, business development or pre-sales organisation.
Knowledgeable of Siemens PLM software portfolio, and the competitive landscape.
Experience working in Oil & Gas, Marine, Aerospace or Heavy Industries on Service related initiatives.
Trained in value selling methodologies such as Challenger, Revenue Storm.
Experience of developing and supporting indirect sales channel
Knowledge/Understanding Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) including S3000L
Knowledge of Technical Publications and Content Management including S1000D
Experience of a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) environment
What Competencies and Personal Attributes will I poses:
The ability to understand, articulate, position and present the value of Service solutions in the context of an Industry and client business.
Strong communication skills with sales knowledge, plus proven business development experience and excellent presentation skills.
You will be proactive and energetic with a high degree of self-motivation to develop and grow this Portfolio area.
The ability to travel to EMEA countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures.
The ability to work in a EMEA role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working.
Strong English language skills are essential coupled with equally strong French, German or Italian
In addition to above, Spanish or Russian would be a distinct advantage.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, our business works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 196272
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Scandinavia) AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time