Field Service Engineer/ Project Manager
Mount Pleasant, PA
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? In this hands-on role, you will travel to Siemens customer power plants though out US and abroad to perform maintenance, repair, and modification of large steam and gas turbine generators and related equipment. You will report directly to one of our Local District Service Managers and has a high degree of customer interface.
There is also an option to select our Seasonal Engineer program, you may select between the 1700, 1560, and 1248 tier Seasonal hour programs
- Supervision of mechanical maintenance crews ranging in size from 1 to 30 persons disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling large steam/gas turbine generators.
- Leads job site safety programs and performs complex site surveys to develop maintenance plans.
- Completes and submits detailed reports covering all job activity.
- May be required to complete the planning and estimating of resources and durations required for specific scopes of work for customer proposals.
- Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual mentorship throughout task duration.
- Lead and direct subcontractors to perform specific maintenance related tasks and serve is the primary Siemens jobsite contact.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
We look for the following Education to be successful in this role:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
- Associate of Science Degree with an accumulation of 4 years of equivalent experience or
- Non-degreed individuals who can demonstrate a minimum of 8 yrs equivalent experience
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
You will move to the top of the pack if you have:
- Experience in the general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
- Experience leading safety programs, performing maintenance on large turbine generators or in a similar industrial environment with risks and hazards that require the use of practices and procedures intended to keep personnel safe and maintain a safe work environment. This includes but is not limited to use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and pre-job briefs or risk assessments.
- Experience working with union labor
- Experience working to and updating complex schedules. Familiarity with related software such as Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 196303
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.