Siemens Mobility Customer Services continues to grow, and we are looking for our next Commercial Bid Manager. Siemens Mobility Customer Services provides support for Rolling Stock and Rail Infrastructure across North America. We provide a wide array of services from spare parts and vendor managed inventory concepts to long term maintenance and support contracts and exciting digital offerings. Our goal is to provide services to ensure mobility systems run constantly, efficiently, reliably and sustainably.
The Commercial Bid Manager is an important role to support the long-term success of our business. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the bid management team and will work closely with cross functional partners and will be responsible for the end to end process of bids. This will include coordinating with our legal and technical teams, as well as accounting, financial services and risk management. This role is responsible for leading comprehensive reviews the calculation and commercial terms and conditions of the proposal for multi-million-dollar projects.
Additional responsibilities of this role:
- Coordinate and conduct review with other subject matter experts (Siemens Financial Services, Risk Management, Tax, Legal, Export Control and Customs) for key inputs
- Complete complex calculations for multi-year project business
- Participate in contract reviews
- Compile list of comments/exceptions to commercial terms and conditions
- Determination of the business model with contract manager, bid manager and business heads
- Provide documentation for bid approval (LOA) process (NCM documentation, claim strategy, etc)
- Complete responsibility questionnaires and certifications of compliance with federal and state requirements
- Complete commercial proposal requirements and verify completeness of the proposal packages with management sign-off
- Involvement with all PM milestone meetings
- Proactive forecasting and controlling of the bid costs
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance/Economics (or related discipline) or advanced degree
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience with projects or products business in the rail industry is helpful to succeed. We are seeking a team player with good communication skills who is able to work effectively with several cross functional teams and levels of management. Experience with the bid process of US Government Entities (Buy America(n), Federal Requirements, etc) highly desirable. 5+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities.
- We seek to hire top talent and provide them with exciting opportunities in a face paced and growing business. If you are a highly motivated, self- starter with a passion for accuracy this could be the right position for you
Job ID: 196324
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.