Siemens Mobility are recruiting a Project Procurement Manager (PPM) for our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business in Coventry. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the PPM will be responsible for delivering an effective cradle to grave procurement service for the business.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Define robust procurement strategies aligned to bid / project scope requirements and drive these through the implementation phase.
- Ensure Procurement’s early Involvement for bids and tendering activity through effective stakeholder management.
- Participate in project kick off meetings to ensure procurement requirements are built in at the front end.
- Implement robust procurement processes and controls into the project by utilising standard functional templates.
- Ensure that all Project Procurement standards and procedures are adhered to in line with Siemens policies.
- Capture Procurements contribution to bid and project success via reporting of functional measures in line with Siemens SVM metrics.
- Network effectively with cross business-unit Procurement colleagues to identify pooling opportunities where applicable.
- Ensure that Framework Agreements for leveraged cross BU commodities are adopted locally within RE.
- Negotiate and draft sub-contract agreements ensuring that back to back requirements are flowed down to our suppliers.
- Implement a robust Supplier Management regime to document supplier performance and drive improvements.
- Ensure that negative supplier feedback via our SPM process is swiftly reacted to with remedial actions agreed and documented.
- Identify Supply Chain Risks and ensure these are documented as part of our wider due diligence process.
- Define appropriate mitigation strategies for any supply chain risks identified for subsequent internal review.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset and actively propose initiatives to increase our functional efficiency.
- Attend any cross-business unit procurement workshops that are arranged to facilitate increased collaboration.
- Contribute to the achievement of procurement functional targets as set by HQ in Germany.
- Provide monthly reports into the Head of Procurement to support functional reporting for the period.
Knowledge & Experience to qualify for this role?
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards is preferred.
- It is essential that the candidate has proven Strategic Procurement experience.
- Experience of working with Cross functional teams in a Bid & Project Management environment.
- Experience of drafting Sub-contract agreements is essential for this role.
- Must be flexible to travel. This role will be based in Coventry however travel to other locations may be required.
- Effective Stakeholder Management is essential to ensuring the individuals success in the role.
- Must have excellent communication skills at all levels as well as a collaboration mindset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of purchase to pay systems is desirable but not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 196330
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time