Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Application Engineer to work in their Florham Park, NJ location. Application Engineers provide comprehensive fire alarm applications support for the company's hardware, and associated software, to sales outlets and others as appropriate. This task takes the form of telephone, email and live meeting support using technical manuals and other documentation as well as lab simulation/diagnosis and site visits.
This role requires frequent interaction with other departments and the ability to coordinate the efforts of those departments to satisfy customer inquiries. Assist sales outlets, consulting engineers and licensed end users with specification review and system design guidance for Fire Safety products (i.e. via telephone, email and live meeting). Interact with sales outlets, consulting engineers and licensed end users to review current and determine future applications standards. Support all business development, product development and sales activities with respect to product and systems functionality. Provide source data for publication of updated technical information to various sales outlets using technical manuals and other documentation. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all company products, life safety codes/standards and electronics/software developments. Assist in the simulation, testing and diagnosis of reported field problems. Make site visits as necessary to analyze field problems/application issues and assist in their resolution. Review Siemens, Fire Safety documents for technical content and accuracy.
- Participate in the design of semi-complex hardware and software application solutions.
- Participates in tracking semi-complex orders to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met by responding to customers promptly.
- Supports engineers by keeping records of semi-complex specification costs and price estimates.
- Tracks and maintains assets (i.e. equipment, tools, software, etc.).
- Participates in recommending alternatives or changes to semi-complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match Company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
- Participates in investigating and analyzing semi-complex field problems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified candidates MUST have the following:
- Minimum 2-5 years of successful experience in a system engineering or product applications position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Life Safety and Security systems experience. Knowledge of current Siemens, Fire Safety equipment/systems a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time by car and air to job sites.
- Working knowledge of PC environments including Windows, DOS and OS/2 a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Training certification in all current Siemens, Fire Safety equipment/systems preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of National Fire Alarm codes/standards and major listing agency requirements.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in the fire alarm or related industry.
- Experience with the troubleshooting of data communications systems, LANs, WANs, RS-232, RS-485, etc.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.