As the Accounting Business Partner, you will be responsible for Project and Structured Finance (PS-AM), which is the biggest of the three Business Units within Siemens Financial Services (SFS) Americas. You will need to be an experienced accountant with strong business affinity who can serve as the bridge between Accounting and Business Controlling. You will explain accounting effects to the business and validate accounting closing results against developments in the business. You will also be responsible for SFS Americas management reporting and driving Digitization initiatives for Accounting & Controlling.
This position will report to the Head of the SFS Americas Company Accounting.
- Be the bridge between Accounting and Business Controlling explaining accounting effects to the business and validate financial results against developments in the business.
- Present financial results in the monthly P/L reviews. This includes a deep analysis of accounting effects and connecting them with the major deals and overall development in the business.
- Be the coordinator between business and accounting principles for new product approvals and non-routine transactions.
- Monitor, analyze and review the Balance Sheet, P/L and Cash Flow Statement of the respective business portfolio.
- Interact routinely and proactively with Transactional Accounting/Portfolio Accounting to evaluate completeness and correctness of bookings.
- Interact proactively with the Business Planers of the BU PS-AM and stay on top of business developments and trends in the market. Being able to connect them with the financial results. Being able to explain non-routine transactions and coordinate their accounting treatment.
- Assist in the preparation of the materials for general management reporting and, in particular, the SFS Inc Board Meeting and Americas Business Review Meeting. develop other ad-hoc reports as requested by SFS local management as well as SFS headquarters.
- Facilitate Ernst & Young and internal audit requests. Provide information and comfort relating to financial reporting and accounting data.
- Be an active contributor to SFS AC key projects such as OneGL, DALLAS and Equity Automation
- Drive standardization and enhancements across closing processes within a harmonized SFS AC process house.
- Utilize digitization solutions to achieve efficiency, quality and productivity improvements; present ideas, prepare business plans and measure implementation success via KPIs.
- Driving special projects and / or other assignments as delegated by management.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education and/or Experience: B. S. Accounting. 6+ years experience in either financial services or within a different Siemens entity. Ideally part of this time was in accounting and part in controlling/financial analysis.
- Ability to understand broad based accounting, controlling and financial concepts to explain the Business Unit’s performance and align the business development with the financial closing results. Working knowledge of financial reporting (IFRS or US GAAP) or Siemens Financial reporting guidelines.
- Having a customer focus mind to support Business Planners with all questions relating to accounting for the whole Business Unit investment portfolio and non-routine/significant business transactions.
- Experience with project financing and structured financing instruments like loans, bonds and leases.
- Experience in or knowledge of general ledger and sub-ledger systems with a strong preference towards SAP. Management reporting system experience or knowledge (Hyperion Financial Management or others).
- Having a big picture mindset to understand and explain major developments either ad-hoc or in a well though out presentation to management.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the team and cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Willing to lead and put forth new ideas that think critically of the processes to help further advance the unit.
- Experience in driving digitization concepts (software robots, data lake, etc.) to implementation.
- Being a proven change agent in driving projects, being comfortable with a fast pace environment and change.
- Being able to demonstrate a quick learning curve when getting into new topics
- Business travel: 5%
Job ID: 196343
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.