- Conduct various regular and special electrical tests on all types of circuit breakers, switchgear and associated components.
- Perform testing of components using data acquisition software and have ability to interpret and analyze results accordingly
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, to confirm the integrity of product operations, identifying root cause for discrepancies and performance failures.
- Make necessary connections; operate breakers and use low and high voltage equipment to test resistance, heat and dielectric factors, load, timing, and similar performance characteristics.
- Will also be required to utilize personal computer and/or computerized technology such as in testing product and/or related recordkeeping.
- Verify completeness, location and proper functioning of all instruments, meters and other components.
- Check equipment and interpret proper electrical-mechanical clearances.
- Conduct special tests under direction of engineering personnel.
- Conduct final tests on regular line breakers and test special or rarely encountered breakers following established practices.
- Make necessary calculations.
- Read and interpret complex drawings, schematic diagrams, specification sheets, performance charts, test standards and other procedures.
- Check function of controls, relays, indicators, and other electrical features and make adjustments as necessary.
- Check and adjust calibration.
- Troubleshoot circuit breakers, and other related components to the sub-assembly and/or root-cause level.
- Work with and instruct testers and other assembly personnel to ensure that preliminary and routine tests are carried out correctly; verify changes and explain new procedures.
· Use tools and testing equipment including Megger, digital multimeter, Hi-Pot tester, Oil Dielectric strength tester, multi amps relay tester.
- Experience reading and interpreting schematics, wiring diagrams, and point-to-point connection diagrams.
· Associate’s Degree in Electrical Technology and/or Electronics; or Technical Trade School formal certification or equivalent.
· 2+ years’ experience in a product testing environment
· Proficient Computer Skills
· Knowledge of Lean Concepts or 5S a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.