Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Systems Support Specialist - HVAC Controls Service Technician to join our Building Automation Solutions team in Buffalo, NY! We’re currently looking for an entry-level Systems Support Specialist, which plays a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical aspects of Building Automation Systems. These will be newly installed BAS systems in retrofit or newly constructed buildings. This role will focus on vertical markets of K-12, Higher Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Office, Pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
• Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
• Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the BAS, workstations and website interfaces.
• Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
• Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
• Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
• Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
• Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
• Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
• Associates Degree or similar education desired, however, candidates with directly related experience along with a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent will also be considered.
• Experience with Building Automation Systems as a technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or Owner/Operator preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar will also be considered. We will also consider someone with a Computer Science Degree with knowledge of HVAC, mechanical or electrical systems.
• Knowledge in HVAC, mechanical and/or Electrical systems strongly preferred
• Knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products required
• Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
• Independent, self-learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 196363
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.