Smart Infrastructure Division in Siemens Ltd. is one of the top tier global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the efficient, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure that industry and the portfolio they need. As part of a growing business unit, within the overall Siemens Future Grid segment, you will enjoy the excitement of working for a small startup company, while having the support of a large OEM. Come work on a team that is motivating change in the electrification of our transportation industry.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- Responsible for overseeing the resolution of highest-level customer technical issues within eMobility product portfolio. The role will require the ability to analyze both hardware and software logic errors, engage with development engineering leadership, directly get along with end users/customers, and assemble teams that will drive issues to quick resolution.
- You will require field travel and work across continents, to gain the level of competencies required to act as the localized expert for issue resolution. Additionally, this role will be the final escalation path for remote field triage, starting with level one customer call centers and moving through various Siemens technical support issues. You will report directly to the Head of Future Grids in India.
- Engagement with Global manufacturing, design engineering, supply chain, and team leadership to lead all aspects of the total solution for our customers.
- Maintain high levels of product portfolio proficiency, through engagement with the product line management teams.
- Developing field repair plans and technical papers, to instruct the local field service teams in repair methods and procedures.
- Monthly field issue analytics, as a method for providing product quality feedback to manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Provide timely customer communication, keeping them aware of lead times to issue resolution.
- Generate training material for level 1 and level 2 technical support team members (call centers, field technicians, etc.)
We don't need superheroes, just super minds!
We need a Bachelor in Electrical, Mechanical or electronics engineering with minimum 8-10 years of experience in electrical and electronics manufacturing and commissioning
A minimum 5 years of field experience in power distribution, power electronics, PLC / SCADA devices & programming, UPS systems, or other related industrial electrical equipment diagnostics.
Efficient candidates having experience in electric vehicle charging technologies, in either design or installation services & field diagnostics and proven experience in handling time and material resources and critical customer relationships and communication
Firm understanding of industrial communication protocols (Modbus, OCPP, BACnet, and others)
Ability to use a laptop as a diagnostic tool (networking diagnostics, pushing local FW/SW updates, using Siemens platforms to engage with hardware devices, etc) and fundamental understanding of IEC standards
This job allows you to travel >75% local and international travel both
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time