Head of Quality Job Description
Siemens is seeking a Quality Manager for its Norwood, OH location. The Quality Manager is responsible for leading and executing all aspects of product, process, service and manufacturing quality. They also oversee the local quality management systems. The position requires continual improvement of quality methods and processes regarding resolution of highly complex problems in collaboration with local and global Product Management, Customer Service, R&D, Product Engineering, Operations and other key stakeholders. The role will report directly to the site Director of Operations.
· Ensure adherence to all appropriate Quality Standards (i.e. API, ISO) through the site quality management systems including coordination with auditors, interpreting and applying applicable standards, internal audits, management reviews and other related management systems aspects.
· Provide strong leadership and act as a coach/mentor and cultural change agent to ensure an OpEx/Quality mindset to satisfy customer and business expectations.
· Work cooperatively with the operations team to identify systemic quality issues within the plant and develop robust root cause corrective actions.
· Build solid relationships with key customers and suppliers, and ensure customer requirements are evaluated, documented and integrated into appropriate production flows.
· Develop and lead action plans for key improvements in quality metrics including First Pass Yield, Non-Conformance Costs, Defect Rate, Warranty costs, and other process quality metrics as agreed.
· Establish and execute strategic roadmap for best practice process capability, problem solving, root cause analysis and effective corrective action implementation.
· Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
· Lead the development of the Quality team to consistently meet or exceed all performance expectations and targets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Job ID: 196521
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.