Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
What are my Responsibilities
- Critical analysis of layouts and system parts to identify faults or special needs;
- Prepare requests for the technical definition of metal parts or structures in their design, production or installation phase;
- Consider proposals and solutions for metal and metal parts, justifying their operation and allowing improvement changes;
- Design of structures and metal parts according to SIEMENS quality requirements and good engineering practices;
- Plan and follow up as activities of mechanical design and production of mechanical elements;
- Find and develop immediate troubleshooting solutions during a design / installation phase;
- Technical coordination with customer / supplier, including group representation at meetings;
- Proactively act against design or production issues. Looking for efficient and capable solutions to design problems during execution.
- Review guaranteed delivery / revision design drawings without execution errors;
- Ability to adapt to multidisciplinary and cultural equipment, understanding as differences and working methods;
- Provide technical support in different projects or in different departments in the mechanical area.
- Maintenance and improvement of the conditions and / or quality requirements required for the different projects;
- Preparation of technical preparation and calculations of metal structures and / or equipment;
-Superior Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in metal structures;
- Experience in analysis of technical requirements;
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment safety standards (i.e Machine Directive)
- English language level B2;
- Use of AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit tools;
- Structural calculation;
Teamwork spirit, analysis and leadership skills, organizational capacity, search for process and system improvement.
Job ID: 196541
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics, Unipessoal Lda
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time