Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Project Manager to support our Commercial Electronic Security business in the Portland, Oregon market. This position is responsible for managing projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. This includes the supervision, direction, and motivation of the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty phases.
- Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen, and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering and technician supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Develop project schedules in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and update the schedule regularly.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customer to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gain approval including any compensation component.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing.
- Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (i.e. the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education & experience: High school diploma / GED combined with a minimum of 3+ years successful project management experience within the construction industry OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3+ years project management experience within the fire and / or electronic security system industry
- Preferred Certification(s): PMP, NICET - fire alarm, Software House (C-Cure 9000), Genetec Security Center, Lenel OnGuard, Avigilon, OnSSI, Bosch, and/or DSC.
Job ID: 196576
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.