Cybersecurity Solution SW Engineer, embedded in vitro diagnostic medical devices. Performs software design, implementation and verification activities. Reviews specifications to determine software engineering requirements and design secure solutions to meet design inputs. Estimates own work. Completes the internal software quality process through the execution of design, implementation, unit and integration test activities for assigned software modules within a complex, distributed architecture. Performs presentations of technical findings and developments. Leads cyber security technical solutions.
• Software Engineering Experience, working knowledge of SDLC - 10 years;
• Java, C++ or equivalent Programming Language - 5 Years;
• Medical device development (nice to have)
• BS or technical degree or combination years of experience.
• Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
• Designs Cybersecurity solutions for embedded medical devices to meet internal and external security requirements
• Utilizes tools and techniques to discover and subsequently patch vulnerabilities in medical devices, constantly working to reduce the customers and companies exposure to latest vulnerabilities.
• Stays on top of latest vulnerabilities and reports threats and action plans to reduce companies risk to upper management
• Practical and hands on solutions experience with the 3 sides of the security “triangle” – Integrity, Confidentiality, Accessibility.
• Understands and has designed and implemented Symmetric and asymmetric encryption solutions.
• Understands and has designed and implemented Secure Socket Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) solutions.
• Understands and has designed and implemented Hashing solutions.
• Understands and has designed and implemented Code signing solutions.
• Understands and has designed and implemented Certificates, self-sign certificate, certificate authority solutions.
• Understands and has used Keystores.
• Understands and has used Port scanners, pen testing, fuzz testing.
• Understands and has performed SQL injection, cross-site scripting.
• Understands and has performed Input and output validation.
• Understands and has practiced code obfuscation, code disassembly.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.