Siemens Building Products is looking for a Product Manager for Fire Alarm Control Panels, Notification Appliances, Peripherals, and/or Suppression in Fire Safety Products Business Segment for our Florham Park, NJ location. Develops, executes and monitors annual business plan for each product assigned to ensure divisional sales and profit objectives are achieved. This person reports into the Product Marketing department and will have no direct reports.
- Develops all marketing programs for assigned products.
- Achieves organization business development objectives by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans. Identifies product marketing opportunities by identifying customer requirements.
- Defines market, competitor's share, and competitors' advantages and weaknesses.
- Forecasts projected business. Establishes marketing plan to secure targeted company share.
- Provides consistent and timely communications to field sales with information pertaining to product benefits, functionality as well as competitive information Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities through selection of new product opportunities.
- Works with Mgr of Mktg Information to obtain detailed market information. Develops new product functional specifications to meet company objectives.
- Selects and leads cross functional product development teams.
- Maintains team documentation and reports progress at project milestone meetings.
- Implements product pricing based on competitive analysis and corporate profit goals.
- Provides forecasts to manufacturing.
- Assists in control of inventory value and mix.
- Manages product migration.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- May make recommendations and handle negotiations for product development sales. Provides final authority product support to customer service, technical support, sales outlets and customers as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business, Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of product management, marketing or direct sales experience in Fire Alarm Systems, Notification Appliances, Peripherals and/or Suppression.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Data analysis, report writing, presentations, etc. is required.
- Must be able to travel the U.S. and international via airplane and/or car approximately 20% of the time.
Job ID: 196630
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.