Sr Manufacturing Engineer
The Sr Manufacturing Engineer is a great opportunity to develop, lead, implement, and integrate strategic projects from beginning to end. This position will have a close working cross functional relationship with numerous stakeholders throughout the Organization including Product Development, Maintenance, R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Safety, etc. Additionally, they will lead Engineering and cross functional teams to implement improvements to existing equipment, manufacturing methods and tooling. This position will also be accountable for documentation with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Ensure projects are managed with a high priority in Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while also coordinating with internal departments and external.
- Overseeing Engineering/Equipment standards and specifications.
- Ownership of plant layouts and flow
- Provide engineering technical support for manufacturing and maintenance improvements to meet productivity, quality and safety objectives
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, develop, design, and detail, equipment, fixtures, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation
- Assess process capabilities, identify improvement opportunities, and integrate new processes and equipment to maximize manufacturing throughput and velocity
- Collaborates to develop and implement new production processes which meets engineering and quality specifications
- Develop process documentation to meet quality system and safety requirements
- Assist Operations with line and capacity planning
- Create requests for new equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, line balancing, space requirements and equipment layout
- Analyze equipment downtime to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five (5) or more years such as Sr manufacturing/process engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial type environment
- Experience with capital project management and justification
- Proficient in SolidWorks or AutoCAD (preferred)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project (or equivalent)
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma training
- Effective at developing and managing a project plan to achieve desired results
- Ability to achieve required objectives through the leadership of others
- Strong problem solving/trouble shooting experience
- Must have the ability to work on projects both individually and cross-functionally
- SAP experience a plus
- Robotics experience also a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Job ID: 196634
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Indústria de Trabajos Eléctricos S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time