Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then we have an opportunity for a Junior Biomedical Engineer to join our Managed Equipment Services (MES) team based at Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) in Perth, reporting to the Biomedical Team Lead for a 12 month position.
This position requires a highly motivated and team oriented candidate to deliver a high quality Managed Equipment Service which includes planned and reactive maintenance of medical equipment. You are required to prioritise patient outcomes, generate best value for WA Health service at FSH and demonstrate the core values of Siemens Healthineers.
mission and responsibilities:
· Complying with all Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) policies, site specific policies, service escalation procedures and customer requests;
· Satisfying the customer's needs for medical equipment:
o preventative maintenance,
o corrective/reactive service, and
in accordance with Managed Equipment Service contractual obligations;
· Liaising with Clinical staff, the Facilities Manager and Vendors to ensure that Siemens MES service meets or exceeds expectations;
· Timely completion of service reporting in-line with contractually defined limits and the ability to communicate these outcomes effectively;
· Maintaining personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures and participation in training courses including 'self learning', computer-based and on-the-job training, and external training courses as required throughout the course of normal employment; and
· Ensuring that all tools and test equipment issued to you as a job holder are properly maintained and calibrated, and all company assets are kept safe and secure at all times. Inspect and check issued safety equipment on a monthly basis
Your qualifications and experience:
· Hold a Biomedical, Healthcare, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent;
· Have some clinical and operational experience in a tertiary Public or Private hospital environment and/or experience in customer service, maintenance or installation activities;
· Preferably have experience in medical systems and their integration;
· Need to demonstrate communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
· Possess a driver’s license; and
Be available for rostered “on-call”
participation that may require out of hours work
You must be able to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in Australia.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
Applications close 14 Feb 2020 or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at Siemens Healthineers career page
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 196686
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time