SGRE Summer Intern Program is May 18 – August 14
SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for an Operational Readiness Intern position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure proactive and structured approach to new site set up, ensuring optimal site and turbine performance from Day 1. This position is in the new Operational Readiness group with North America Service Operations in Orlando, FL,
- New Site Support Project:
- Automate site set up checklist and look for improvements
- Quickly incorporate lessons learned from one site to the next
- Lead site set up checklist for one project
- Work with District Engineer to prep for new site quarterly review
- Work with Commissioning on piloting LEAN @ Commissioning lessons learned
- New Site Technical Project:
- Work with District Project Manager to set up generator or gearbox replacement project
- Track progress on issues affecting technical availability to resolution (mechanical, electrical, software type issues, spare parts delays, quality case resolution)
- Work with various groups to drive focus on these issues and drive resolution
- Communicate progress with various stakeholders, from high level one-page to intense deep dive
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Rising senior university student in engineering major
- Interest in Project Management disciplines e.g. customer value orientation, financials, planning & controlling, risk/opportunity management, stakeholder management, quality and EHS, team development, leadership in projects, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly paced environment and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Structured approach to assignments and ability to handle project changes occurring in a dynamic environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Mechanical, electrical, systems or industrial engineering major
- O365 applications experience
Job ID: 196817
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.