Smart Buildings Business Development Manager (BDM) acts as a Branch strategy leader in all aspects of developing, selling and implementing Smart Building solutions. The BDM works in close collaboration with branch teams, including sale and operations managers, account executives, project engineers and project managers. He/she manages and guides all stages of the project: conceptualization, initial design, budgeting, final architecture, deployment, commissioning and service. Provides direct support in strategy development, customer engagement strategy, customer meetings and presentations. Responsible for defining scope of SB projects. Creates and manages Branch business development strategy around Smart Buildings. Tracks and reports running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch management. Engages proper HQ resources as required for project development. Proactively positions Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) portfolio and solutions to general contractors, consultants, engineers and end-user clients. Works in close collaboration with Zone network engineers in development of converged infrastructure solutions.
The main objective of this role is to achieve Zone Solutions and Service order intake targets.
- Achieve Large Project Order Intake Target
- Responsible for achieving Branch Smart Buildings Order Intake Targets
- Migrate Existing Customer Base to Smart Buildings Solutions
- Lead Tier Construction Market Approach in Branch utilizing Smart Buildings Solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects
- Educate Branch Sales and Operations teams to successfully sell and Smart Buildings Solutions
- Provide Guidance to Branch Sales Management on target project acquisition
- Provide Guidance to service sales teams on implementation of Smart Buildings within customer base
- Project pursuit management and guidance of local teams
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Provide project specific strategic guidance and leadership
- Provide project specific presentations
- Enhance and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
This position reports to the Branch General Manager and works with HQ I2S Manager on a dotted line basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education and focus
- Engineering degree: mechanical, electrical, Information Technology preferred
- Sales Experience, Business Development Experience
- Network Design Engineering/Extra Low Voltage Systems Experience
- 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Expertise knowledge related to Building Technologies and structures
- Ability to communicate to end clients
- Required amount of travel with the position - 10%
- MS Office
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergaduate degree in Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of sales / business development and operations experience
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.