Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as an HVDC O&M Electrical Technician/Operator and help us provide services and products that make a difference. In this position you will support the technical requirements of the facilities, become familiar with utility operating practices and perform trouble shooting measures. In this role you will be traveling between stations approximately 15% of the time and scheduled to be on call periodically. You will join the local collective bargaining union and be stationed out of the Sayreville NJ facility.
What are your responsibilities?
You will be required to follow all Siemens Safety Rules and procedures as the Operator, exercise proper judgment and have a broad knowledge of Bulk Electric System principles and practices. Your primary responsibility is to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance on all station assets. Secondary, operate the converter stations on a need basis. Operating the converter stations in accordance with the Common Operating Instructions; take real time actions including primary load shedding to ensure the stable and reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System.
What are your Technician Responsibilities? (Approximately 90% of your time will be spent as a technician.)
- Support complex maintenance and repair related studies and processes.
- Read and understand electrical drawings and diagrams.
- Gathers and records complex HVDC maintenances and repairs.
- Performs complex repair and provide support for testing HVDC equipment’s.
- Resolves complex maintenance related problems affecting daily operations.
- Provide technical problem solving/troubleshooting support to a HVDC system.
- Review and update the Maintenance Management System.
- Organizes and maintains spare parts Inventory.
- Supervises contracted workers.
- Implements LOTO policies. Holds and verifies LOTO permits.
- Conducts equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Performs system, TFR, alarm and trend analysis.
- Available to cover callouts and cover operation shifts when required.
- Performs various other functions as assigned.
- Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements to management.
- NERC/PJM certification required within six months of hire and you must complete mandatory PJM/NERC yearly training requirements and Continuing Education Hours.
What are your Operator Responsibilities? (Approximately 10% of your time will be spent as an operator.)
- Assumes Neptune RTS / Hudson HTP Operations on a as need basis.
- Responsible for the Daily Operation Report.
- Works as specified in the Operator job description
- Represents the organization as a prime internal contact.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and knowledge in an Electrical technical or specialty area including High Voltage Power Transmission apparatus and control & protection systems.
- Electrical experience in HVDC or power generation technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools
- Good Communication skills. You are able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and be able to work at heights in excess of thirty (30) feet on a regular basis daily.
- You are able to work in Confined spaces.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 196845
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.