Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are seeking a Field Technician for our Fire Alarm and Security division to support our growth in the Central Pennsylvania Area. Ideally, we would like to hire someone with fire alarm and/or security experience for new construction, retrofit, and design-build systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with Contractors and/or Building Management.
• Performs checkout of fire alarm systems, which includes point verification, programming, sequence of operation checkout and verification.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
• Generates database per project scope, specifications, and project drawings.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager.
• Participates and may help develop system graphics.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information.
• Performs field activities as required. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs at assigned customer sites.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized High School proficiency exam.
• Required travel: 15%
• Required experience: 3 years in alarm industry.
· Nicet II Certification within 24-36 months.
• Other requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
• Must be able to use hand-tools.
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Job ID: 196851
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.