Reporting to the Fire Service Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customers Fire / Life Safety systems including technical support during service or inspection of fire systems.
- Conducts testing and inspects systems under the service maintenance agreements.
- Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer life safety systems.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
- Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
- Participates in On-Call assignments / schedules as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Required Experience: 2+ years experience in the installation and / or maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required Certification: TX state FAL (fire alarm license)
- Required Travel: 15%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Fire Alarm Certification preferred. Must obtain within 24 months.
Job ID: 196858
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.