Engineering Specialist – Cincinnati, OH
Siemens is seeking a Solutions Engineering Specialist to support the Building Automation Team in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. You will use your advanced expertise and knowledge throughout the system and project lifecycle. Utilizing new and existing tools, standards and procedures, you will provide estimating, designing, tracking, start-up, and commissioning along a wide range of project types. You will act as a technical resource to the Branch team and customer as needed.
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
- Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Designs primarily small service building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs primarily small project building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Creates automation system database and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems.
- Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
- Oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical, or pneumatic installation problems.
- Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job-related information. Prepares engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- Provides engineering services listed above for larger and/or more complex projects with some deviation from standard practices if required.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- May be responsible for training and providing guidance to engineering assistants and other specialists.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Experience in the installation and maintenance of building automation products.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Required travel: 20%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Degree or Certificate in Building Automation Technologies
- Degree or Certificate in HVAC Technologies
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 196869
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.