This is a part time, 20 hour a week position.
The Siemens facility located in Mishawaka, Indiana manufactures products related to Diabetes and Urinalysis medical device product lines. This lab technician will work as a member of the QCE laboratory group. The role of this position is to execute required monthly water testing for the site. The lab technician will be required to perform activities in the quality control laboratory to ensure water quality throughout the site meets system requirements. Much of the work required for this position will be executed independently. Assurance of compliance with all regulatory standards and regulations as well as compliance with all corporate policies and guidelines is required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Water collection, analysis and data interpretation for Total Organic Content (TOC), Microbial content and Conductivity for multiple water ports
- Preparation of solutions, Calibration and Maintenance of Lab Equipment, and report writing.
· Must be able to follow procedures under minimal supervision, be confident in his/her ability to make decisions and/or seek guidance when appropriate.
- Accurately and neatly records information while following established written protocols
· Must have knowledge of good laboratory practices in a cGMP environment, with analytical capabilities
· Must be able to meet daily commitments and deadlines while continuing to make appropriate quality decisions
· Needs to be flexible while demonstrating attention to detail, and good technical judgment
· Proficient in time management, possess well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit attention to detail
· Strong computer skills
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized
· Must recognize the underlying basis for regulations and rules and act in accordance with ISO, GMP, QSR requirements
Performs quantitative and qualitative
analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using specialized equipment.
• Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results.
Performs periodic equipment
inspections and preventative maintenance work.
• Troubleshoots test processes.
• Calculates as well as prepares graphs and charts.
2 year vocational training
• Minimum of 1 year of lab experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills.
• Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in area of responsibility.
Key Working Relationships
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.