- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development and installation & Commissioning and/or maintenance of Siemens Medium Voltage (MV) Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) & Systems
- Guides site surveys to develop base or installation design plans
- Guides training customers to maintain and adjust MV VFD Systems
- Develops and submits technical reports covering all job activity
- Guides the maintenance of tools, test equipment.
- Develops and submits scope of work, job safety analyses and Job Hazard assessments.
- Guides the review of task plans, drawings and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration
- Experience with and working knowledge of Medium Voltage industrial Variable Frequency Drive & associated Electrical systems is preferred (Siemens Drives experience is an asset)
- Electrical/Electronic Technician or similar, Engineering degree/diploma/certificate, Journeyperson Electrical trade
- 3-5/5-8 years equivalent work experience. Advanced degree may not be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of PLC principals and programming is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and understanding and influencing people are important requirements in the job
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, schematic design specification and update drawings as required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, and other applications or computerized maintenance management systems or ERP/CMMS, eg. SAP, Oracle, Maximo, GSP are considered an asset
- Able to work on heights from scaffolds or manlift, and able to lift 50 lbs
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Willingness to build strong working relationships both internal & external (customers) and contribute to a positive work environment
- Must be respectful, approachable and team oriented
- Must be willing to travel on short notice (local, national and international travel), up to 75% of the time
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.