- Develop next generation analytics for smart buildings with your machine learning and simulation skills, including fault detection and diagnostics (FDD), preventative maintenance, model predictive control, and system optimization
- Work with the Digital Buildings team to define the technical path to autonomous buildings
- Develop machine learning and AI algorithms for the next generation cloud-based building data analytics
- Related patent study and/or patent application
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for new analytics products
- Advanced engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, or other related Engineering and Building Science domains
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, and statistics)
- Understanding of the smart buildings, energy and automation industry
- Data analytics programming experience (for instance Python orR)
- Experience with management and analysis of big data
- Comfortable presenting complex technical topics to business and technical audiences live or via webinars
- Self-motivated, comfortable working in a team environment while showing leadership skills to help drive the direction of the team
- Have both a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality through tactical execution
- 10% travel required
- 10+ years of proven success in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Statistics, Mathematics or Building Technologies role
- Building energy simulation experience (for instance, EnergyPlus and Modelica)
- Knowledge of big data architecture and tools
- Knowledge of cloud-based software applications and web technology (for instance, AWS, MS Azure, MindSphere)
- Knowledge of energy storage and distributed energy systems
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Research and publications in the building energy or data science domains
- Familiar with Agile development process
- Proven expertise in the commercialization of solutions
Job ID: 196892
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.