The Application Support Engineer is responsible for managing a set of customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our software, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and Simcenter Amesim. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and execute pro-active initiatives to grow usage within the set of assigned accounts.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and Simcenter Amesim. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues, including reporting of bugs.
- Participate in the sales process to facilitate sales and deployment of software at potential and existing customers.
- Conduct training on Introductory and Advanced Topics
- Conduct technical discussions with prospective accounts on benefits of Simcenter STAR-CCM+/Amesim
- Perform benchmark simulations to define best practices and verify results
- Demo software capabilities to potential clients
- Present new features of software to address customer needs
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal
- Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.S or Ph.D in Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautic or Control Engineering Degree or PhD
- At least 1-year experience in similar position and/or in the field of 1D system and CFD simulation
- Technical knowledge:
- Understanding of physics and controls of Auto / Aero / Mechanical industries systems
- Simcenter Amesim or equivalent software (Matlab / Simulink, Flomaster, GT-Power, Dymola, Simscape)
- Programing experience with C, Modelica and/or Python is an advantage
- Electrical system knowledge is an advantage
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must be fluent in English as this position will support our North American customers.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Simcenter STAR-CCM+/Amesim or other commercial CFD tools/system tools.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time