The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success of our customers in their use of our software, Simcenter 3D and Nastran. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes classroom training, mentoring, and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Simcenter 3D and Nastran. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues.
- Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of software usage, and assisting in software deployment.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in Simcenter 3D and Nastran
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and verify results.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer community.
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction. Communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related field
- Successful application of finite element, multi body or fatigue analysis to meet real world goals in research or design.
- Experience with solutions for linear statics, buckling & normal modes on models of unlimited size
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must be fluent in English as this position will support our North American customers.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with Simcenter 3D, Nastran, HEEDS or similar commercial tools.
- Experience with Structural analysis; Dynamic Forced Response; Acoustics; Advanced Nonlinear; Rotor Dynamics; Superelement Components; Design Optimization; Topology Optimization; Aeroelastic; Steady-state and Transient Thermal analysis
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, etc.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time