Siemens’ Project Manager for public construction
and service contracts related to intelligent traffic systems (ITS) and outdoor
lighting owns the customer relationship and is
responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction. He or she manages complete projects, including the engineering,
procurement, and operations team, as well as subcontractors, and leads the
final design, construction and successful implementation of the project. He/she may manage follow-on or standalone service
Role and responsibilities:
The Project Manager (PM) is the main point for all external and internal parties who are involved with the project and in charge of delivering the project on time, in quality and within budget.
The Project Manager-
- Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversees and supports sub project teams, such as but not limited to the engineering and construction teams in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
- Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
- Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
- Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommends most suitable for each application.
- Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, invoicing, payment reporting/accounts receivable, financial forecasting, and tracking/reporting.
- Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes.
- Fosters positive and effective team development and business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Performs other duties as required.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
- Assistance with estimating, bidding and business development, including the analysis of resources required based on industry knowledge and past project performance metrics
- Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Managing internal and external project budgets
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
Industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or public construction projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, and renewable technology is highly desirable.
- >3 years experience in project management, preferably in the ITS industry
- Experience using SAP for accounting and/or project management functions
- Ability to organize and perform a variety of tasks and meet stringent timelines
- Well-versed in project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of statistics and the development and tracking of metrics and project KPI’s
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to learn Siemens processes and applications independently and stay up to date on changes
- Ability to generate revenue by promoting client services
- Ability to create and manage project plans within MS Project and/or any other electronic applications as required.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc.
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state.
May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Requires on-call response and travel up to 25%
Key Working Relationships:
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group including Sales, Dispatchers, Project Coordinators, Commercial Service Managers and Construction Supervisors in particular), and external contact with distributors and/or customers.
Job ID: 196901
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.