As a Security Officer at Siemens, you are charged with the protection of employees, visitors, contractors, customers and all property of Siemens, while providing world class customer service for all. This position will support the Midnight Shift.
- To meet the minimum requirements of Siemens Security Officer on all shifts, you must show that you have the ability to:
- Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post Orders or as directed by Security Management.
- Responsible for conducting walking patrols of buildings and grounds, or using a golf cart or company vehicle. Identify and report any security threats, unsafe conditions, hazards or other emergency situations.
- Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on assignment, which may include customer service, lobby/visitor reception, dock security, or other such positions.
- Write detailed and accurate incident reports during shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post orders or as needed during shift.
- Know all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
- Participate in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
- Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
- Conduct any security, customer service or support functions as directed by supervisor.
- Competence with all aspects of security systems; including CCTV, fire and medical alarms and access control systems, or demonstrates the capability to be trained.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of professional-level work experience required.
- Requires a current state driver’s license with no more than 3 points on the driving record and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles.
- Ability to provide own reliable transportation to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Current or prior military experience, or college education in the security field desirable.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
- Clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles. Ability to provide own reliable transportation (or access public transportation) to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
- Moderate knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 196907
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.