This position is for a Controller of the breaker factory in Grand Prairie, TX, which is a 80M business. This position will be financially responsible for the overall financial performance of the breaker factory, including (but not limited to) productivity, net working capital, revenue recognition, plant overhead expenses, and will partner with the Operations Manager of the location.
This position will report to the Grand Prairie Controller and will interact on a regular basis with the business unit Sr. management, and various other Sr. management personnel.
- Directs the accounting and financial functions to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Provides expert analysis and evaluations on financial, accounting, cost and trend reports in order to improve the results of the organization.
- Directs the development of short and long range financial goals and objectives for the business.
- Directs the organization regarding financial and accounting functions as well as other business segments and recommends improvements in methods, procedures, and content of accounting output, which will increase profits.
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Area of responsibility has significant strategic impact on the overall success of functional or division operations.
- Often is required to create/conceptualize new systems, programs, or products with significant business impact.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets and business plans.
- Has full latitude to create and conceptualize policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact; Analyzes effectiveness of policies/products and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs or products that affect company as a whole; Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies. Identifies resource needs with complete authority to approve identified needs.
- Acts as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves extremely complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Approves organizational structures and supervisory relationships.
- Responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3+ years of successful experience in a Controller role with a medium to large size organization, progressively growing their responsibilities aiding to the success of the organization.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrates advance understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate personnel toward achievement of a common goal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP experience.
- Multiple function, worldwide inter-organizational, and external contacts.
- Ability to travel up to 5% required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 196924
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.