Energy and Performance Services (EPS) is part of the SI RSS organization which leads execution of projects related to energy efficiency and setting up distributed energy systems (DES) across India. The project manager would require to lead the execution of contracts involving the entirety of the business segment through application of the PM@Siemens process and principles, ensuring the achievement of revenues, EBIT and customer happiness targets. You will be the responsible for the management of the team as well as for the direct personal handling of the customer for such projects.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the detailed conditions to develop both personally and deftly.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management of a project full time with the execution team, with the aim of assuring targets of sales, EBIT and customer happiness by leading projects within the time, budget and quality frame;
- Overall planning of the project including: Project overview, Contract structure, Detailed planning of the work packages, Resource planning, Scheduling, Project documentation, Project organization and Interface management
- Set up efficient work flows/ processes for project controlling and reporting, which permit at any time an up-to-date overview of the project status
- Analyze and monitor continuously the plan fulfilment with regard to technical and commercial aspects
- Identify early deviations in project, identify problems causes and sustainably lead them
- Monitor cash-flow planning and activate appropriated critical issue procedures
- Assess and document project status
- Inform on a regular basis customer, management, project team and additional interested parties (Stakeholders) of the project status
- Identify further business possibilities from ongoing project/ from business environment and identify the respectively significant customer decision-makers
- Develop strategies to continue and/ or reinforce engagements to the customer
- Ensure strong proposal and contract management on the project. Evaluating impacts of changed requirements/ delivery items with regard to: costs, project plan etc.
- Carry out risks assessment of project influencing factors and own the identified risks
- Negotiate and document changes of requirements and extension of time as appropriate
- Ensure strong customer and partner relations. Collection actively opinions as well as suggestions from the customer and the additional interested parties (Partner) and develop/ facilitate/ support an open, professional relation to the customer and to additional partners
- Lead subcontractor engagements and relationships
- Handle the Project completion/ close out and the acceptance of delivery units and services incl. validation and verification and prioritize the finalized handover to the customer and involved parties
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Alteast 12 years of project execution experience for power projects
- Expert knowledge of distributed energy systems such as solar, battery inverters and LV switchgears
- Knowledge of configuration of various electrical solutions to set up a microgrid
- Experience of handling projects with civil activities as part of the project scope
- PM@Siemens certification as C-CAT Project Manager is a pre-requisite for this role
- The ability to deal with different cultures at different demographic areas.
Make your mark in our exciting world of Siemens
This role is based in Lucknow where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – craft shape of things to come.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow. Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 196932
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time