Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The software engineer (SWE) creates or adapts customer specific software based on contracts, product- and interface-descriptions according to defined processes. He/She has to clarify all relevant details with his/her interfaces partners. He/She is responsible for planning engineering work packages, reporting, process-oriented documentation and archiving of documentation and software. Software versions have to be provided in good quality as scheduled and within the budget.
- Prepares the technical project-specific documentation for his/her area of responsibility
- Carries out the controlling for his/her engineering task and reports to the team leader and the Sub Project Manager.
- Guarantees the fulfilment of the relevant work packages according to time schedule with regard to time-related goals.
- Recognizes deviations in his/her area of responsibility early, identifies causes of problems and resolves them (in coordination with the sub project management)
- detect the sources of risk for his/her tasks, provides the Sub Project manager with relevant data
- Participates in estimation the impacts and risks in the subproject HW and informs the application manager, if necessary
- Takes part in coaching HW engineering colleagues (namely local staff on-site) in his projects
- Support at the execution or cause of the check of the engineered data. Independent fault analysis and fault clearing up due to e.g. pre tests, logbook reports and examining reports of internal/ external examiners.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronics engineering
- You carry 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- You are experience in reading and understanding technical requirements to generate design documentation.
· You will work for Signaling Systems mainly for software projects based on wayside products, with special and general engineering tools and as per processes laid down with required documentation.
· You are experienced in Software Engineering and Software Data Preparation
· You are ready to relocate anywhere in India and will temporary willing for training purposes be located in Germany.
- You have knowledge of engineering processes and communication skills to interface different departments
- You are willing to work as team member in international projects.
- You have strong knowledge of following:
- Knowledge of railway signaling systems
- Applicable engineering tool chain (e.g. MS-Office, AutoCAD, SAP, techn. Specific engineering tools)
- Relevant Norms and Standards (e.g. EN 50126, 50128, 50129, CENELEC, Mü8004, IEEE)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time