Our MRX Technologies division are looking for a Management accountant to work within the Finance Function with involvement in the financial processes including month end, cost analysis, reporting, communication of financial performance to management, co-ordination of processes within the unit, internal controls, reconciliations.
You will be working for a market leading technology firm with cutting edge and innovative technologies. MRX is an engineering organization primarily active in the railway sector, with a highly motivated team of over 200 engineers and experienced specialists. We offer specialist services for the manufacturers and operators of rail systems. Our comprehensive portfolio includes state of the art measuring systems for the digitalized of condition monitoring of rolling stock, rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Assist with the Monthly Management reporting (Actuals and Forecasts and Budget) including the analysis of cost centres to understand the financial performance compared to budget, and present to Department Managers on a monthly basis for financial visibility and cost control.
- Create and collect the costings for internal orders/ projects to ensure accurate costs are captured and forecast. This will also include the raising of sales orders and invoicing for recoveries. Ensure on cost reimbursable contracts that the evidence is substantiated to facilitate full collection of recoveries
- Co-ordination of the month end process including overhead cost analysis and accruals/prepayments to ensure the integrity of month end results
- Be the central point of contact with FSS for invoice queries and coordinate the close out of outstating queries to allow timely supplier payments and cost collection.
- Coordinate the processing of timesheets on time and coordinate missing timesheets, variable pay amounts or queries.
- Provide labour utilisation report for departments, to assist managers with headcount analysis.
- Preparation of internal control evidence (ICFR) including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accounting for fixed assets.
- Process Improvement
- Ad-hoc projects
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) or working towards
· Ability to take on responsibility / ownership for processes and actively drive towards results
· Proven examples of working on own initiative
· Ability to work closely with all disciplines within the business and explain financial data to non finance professionals
· Advanced Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of SAP
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens
Job ID: 197063
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time