You will support Finance & Commercial Management to provide specifically defined financial & administrative controls and to provide timely & accurate information in order to ensure that Divisional & Corporate Governance requirements are fully met.
This role is based in our Hebburn office within Siemens Smart Infrastructure division. Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What part will you play?
· Perform project accounting and controlling.
· Prepare project forecasts along with the project managers and track forecasts against actuals. Ensure all forecasts are submitted on time and identify any risks.
· Timely and accurate billing for project milestones.
· Conduct monthly contract review meetings
· Work with the sales support team to review and contribute to outgoing tenders.
· Planning & forecasting for the business areas you will be working within.
· Ensuring prescribed guidelines are being consistently implemented at the project level (e.g. COS accruals, Warranties, Risk Contingencies)
· Ensure governance requirements at the project level are being met
· Tracking of balance sheet movements and communication to the project level concerning Net Capital Employed movements and outstanding Debtors.
· Ensure all Month end period closing activities are carried out through SAP, and feed in to Esprit
· Collation of month end / annual data for audit purposes (E&Y and RIC)
· Reporting of contingencies & risks which exist across all projects
· Handling of all Orders Received bookings and centralised controlling of contract specific provisions including warranties. Centralised controlling of overhead accruals.
· Ad-hoc reporting requirements.
· Ensure that agreed financial controlling & reporting processes are effectively deployed and reviewed regularly for continuous improvement and Best Practice sharing.
What you need to make real what matters:
· Studying towards CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualification
· Finance and Commercial experience
· Experience in Management Accounting and Project Controlling duties
· Involvement with long term service projects
· Working knowledge & experience of IFRS GAAP, risk management and budget forecasting
· Logical and analytical approach
· Good organisational skills
· Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 197081
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time