Siemens is seeking a Fire Safety-industry experienced Project Manager for our Smart Infrastructure Building Technologies customers in the Bay Area. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for the technical and commercial success of the projects in your portfolio, as well as for customer satisfaction. You will supervise Siemens resources and third-party subcontracted resources. Ideally, you are involved from the project bid phase right through customer acceptance and handover to warranty and service.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Join the Program Management Team to plan, schedule, and execute your projects adequately to comply with customer program milestones and deadlines.
· Identify and manage risks in your projects. Then escalate risks to program management wherever a risk is likely to negatively impact a key project milestone or budget.
· Manage the KPIs in your project portfolio, including Forecasted Costs, Planned Costs, Actual Costs, Cost Variances, Schedule Variance, Cost to Complete, Cash-Flow, Billing, and Revenue.
· Manage the contractual components of your project portfolio including Scope, Schedule, Change Orders, and Risk and Opportunity.
· Manage stakeholder expectations, and proactively communicate between all stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned and all issues and conflicts are resolved.
· Document all key meetings, important decisions, changes in scope, and dependencies on other trades which impacts Siemens progress.
· Create Monthly Status Reporting and Management Level Reporting for projects in your portfolio.
· Coordinate procurement and logistics of materials and labor for timely delivery in line with project execution.
· Manage responsibilities related to safety requirements and quality assurance for projects in your portfolio.
· Ensure full-time attendance between project site(s) and project work in office. (Unscheduled time off requires 48-hours advanced notification unless it is unavoidable; Pre-planned vacation days must be provided at the start of the project and advanced notification provided to the Operations Manager.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: Experience supporting technical or construction projects.
· Required travel: 10%
· Other requirements:
o Experience and knowledge of General Terms and Conditions utilized in construction contracts.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
o Strong customer service skills.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
o Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
o Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
o Must be able to use hand-tools.
o Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
· Preferred experience: Five years of experience working with commercial fire alarm systems integration.
· Other preferences:
o NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm Systems.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 197122
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.